Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Coastal dining table and matching bookcase and TV unit

liamp
Cultivating a Following

Coastal dining table and matching bookcase and TV unit

00CD2A41-9209-4DB7-9F35-C7C5BD7F1F0D.jpeg

I made this table from the Ash Utility panels, tassie oak half dowels. and bench legs available at Bunnings. I couldn’t find a long and narrow oval table to buy, I wanted only 750mm wide and 1950mm long. I cut the oval shape using a jigsaw, and made the table pedestals using 3 of the 450mm round pine panels from Bunnings, and then attached the half dowels to these. The bench I used the same material, the legs I spray painted Matt white from the original black. Then finished off with Cabots clear Matt oil. I then made the book shelf and floating TV unit top from scrap pieces.

1AEA6EF9-9901-4718-8CA9-BB55AC118E77.jpeg

7F5B03DC-06E6-47A8-B124-FAD1D50BE53E.jpeg

F8A21877-AD49-4D3F-858E-8DE3C8261A8A.jpeg

8013F453-0F0C-4BA1-B420-E54856BE9AD7.jpeg

3748BD8B-D975-41AE-8BEE-FBF422261048.jpeg

8AF90A2F-92BF-4993-BE1F-F6A4E95AA87B.jpeg

5BB691E9-010E-4BEF-8A5D-907B0A5C3EB3.jpeg

1.83 MB of 3.26 MB
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Coastal dining table and matching book case and TV unit

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @liamp. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project with us.

What a sensation first post! You've really done a spectacular job on all these projects. Everything fits so well together and matches your coastal look perfectly. You must be so proud of your results, and rightly so. I love how you used the round timber panels to construct the base of your table. They must have been a fantastic guide.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your next projects and what you offer the community. You're incredibly talented.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Lacy
Finding My Feet

Re: Coastal dining table and matching bookcase and TV unit

Hi, what a beautiful job you made of these items how much did it cost all up for table? and are you in NZ 

it is perfect for what I need well done

Velda

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, Velda (@Lacy). It's terrific to have you join us and great to see you've taken inspiration from this project.

Let me mention @liamp so they are alerted to your questions. Are you interested in constructing this project yourself? I trust our helpful members would be keen to provide advice and encouragement throughout the build.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of inspiring projects contributed by our talented members within the community. Please reach out anytime you need assistance with a project around your house or garden or have something to share with us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
liamp
Cultivating a Following

Hi,

I’m in Brisbane. I used one ash utility panel which are now $299, and the tassie oak dowels I used around 30 lengths of 2.4m at $17 each, so around $800 all up.

Thanks Liam

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects