Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Contemporary makeover of vintage bedsides

vintagemagnolia
Cultivating a Following

Contemporary makeover of vintage bedsides

inbound5946528328006826066.jpg

My challenge was to re imagine, rescue from landfill and execute a complete revamp of these redundant, damaged and dated pair of 80s colonial style pair of bedside nightstands. I reveal the decorative base skirt trim. Removed and replaced the water damaged swollen mdf bases on both cupboards with new wood fibreboard from bunnings. As these originally were too short in height for modern beds, I decided on new sleek 15cm gold legs for a sleek, modern feel. I sanded, cleaned and filled any gaps as the pine tops on these were both split and needed gluing and clamping. The painted finish was all hand brushed by me, starting with a base primer of zinsser bin 123 (bunnings). Painted in a boutique paint fin

inbound1025188881854743462.jpg

 

inbound7667779311835271813.jpg

 

ish, 3 coats in a tranquil, easy on the eye colour palette. 3 coats of a water based top coat for durability. Addition of complimentary new hardware. Now they are so beautiful, clean, sleek looking and at 65cm tall are the recommended standard height for modern beds. I feel confident that these lovely bedsides will have a long life ahead of them

 

inbound1930310949485091414.jpg

inbound6780389235643768387.jpg

 

inbound1340307933063090345.jpg

 

inbound2864833840531284640.jpg

 

Re: Contemporary makeover of vintage bedsides

Thank you kindly! I'm so happy with how it all came together! ❀️

Thank you so much! ❀️ 

ProjectMumsAU
Just Starting Out

@vintagemagnolia  π“Œπ’½π’Άπ“‰ 𝒢 π“ˆπ“Œπ‘’π‘’π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Ώπ‘’π’Έπ“‰ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“π‘œπ“‹π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π’Έπ‘œπ“π‘œπ“Šπ“‡ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“ˆπ“‰π“Žπ“π’Ύπ“ˆπ’½ π‘œπ“Šπ“‰π’Έπ‘œπ“‚π‘’! π“‰π’½π’Άπ“ƒπ“€π“ˆ π’»π‘œπ“‡ π“ˆπ’½π’Άπ“‡π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘” π“‰π’½π‘’π“ˆπ‘’ π‘”π‘œπ“‡π‘”π‘’π‘œπ“Šπ“ˆ π“…π’½π‘œπ“‰π‘œπ“ˆ!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ProjectMumsAU. It's sensational to have you join us and pleasing to hear you've found this project inspiring.

Do you have some similar cabinetry that you'd like to upcycle? I trust @vintagemagnolia and our helpful members will be happy to provide advice. Also, check out this step-by-step guide on How to upcycle a bedside cabinet. I'm sure you'll find it very helpful.

We're keen to hear all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please feel free to let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you kindly! 😊

Oddchair22
Building a Reputation

@vintagemagnolia What a gorgeous transformation and love the colour!! Where did you source the lovely gold legs from ?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects