Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dollhouse reno

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Dollhouse reno

Thought I’d share the dollhouse “reno” I did last week. I wanted to try and use only bits and pieces that I already had at home so I had to get a little creative. 
First I lightly sanded the whole house, then I applied 2 coats of Zinsser Smart Prime. I let the primer set for a week before painting over it as I wanted it to fully cure. 
I made up some bits and pieces like a washer/dryer and a shelf using some wooden blocks from the kids toy room. And I found some fabric laying around which I cut to size and glued down to the old floor. For the roof I hand painted some tiles on it, I had a heap of acrylic craft paints that I mixed up to get the colour I was after.
To seal it all I used a clear coat of varnish.
The kids were pretty stoked with the end result and I managed to get the whole thing done without having to leave the house for any supplies - the joys of being a DIY addict, I’m fully stoked up! 😂

C2D14B8D-17C0-4A1F-B122-DC9322CB1542.jpeg

C7A63C14-5160-4E3A-B727-32647F0E3483.jpeg

379143F1-5FE7-42EB-BD9A-7CE5EBFD65E3.jpeg

567F5A31-F92D-4D64-A5DC-EC8EBB559A73.jpeg

EBE76AA6-9EE9-4597-A7CB-10CF228B0544.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dollhouse Reno

Great work as always @prettyliving. Many thanks for sharing. I'm sure the dollhouse is getting a workout at the moment and giving your kids hours of imaginative fun. 

Did you build the dollhouse originally? I'm sure there will be members and visitors to the site completing this kind of project at the moment. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: Dollhouse Reno

F6D3BFDC-7879-4C7B-9B5D-081D0E134BBE.jpeg

@Jason Thanks Jason! I didn’t build the dollhouse, I’ll add a pic of what it looked like before. It’s hard to tell by the photo but it was badly scratched and had a fair few rips in the pictures on it from the kids putting stickers all over it and then pulling them off 😂

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects