Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Faux game console drawers!

DanaR
Having an Impact

Faux game console drawers!

271082055_259608596273532_8936365751483449694_n.jpgWell used drawers from MarketplaceWell used drawers from Marketplace269986539_450985649799960_6185754250066627618_n.jpgTrusty Ozito sander, I started with 80grit  and then a 120grit for a smooth finish.Trusty Ozito sander, I started with 80grit and then a 120grit for a smooth finish.Trusty British Paints 'Paint and Prime'Trusty British Paints 'Paint and Prime'One coat. Lightly sand. Repeat.One coat. Lightly sand. Repeat.British Paints 'My Favourite Yellow' Sample pots are awesome if you're not sure of your colours.British Paints 'My Favourite Yellow' Sample pots are awesome if you're not sure of your colours.One coat.One coat.Marking out the details....and then doing it again!Marking out the details....and then doing it again!271520418_3221258864773830_5644268519315406311_n.jpgThis old girl needed a new sheet of fibreboard on the back. The old one was pulling away from the frame and was sagging and generally just old. Ozito Jigsaw and a new skill learnt thanks to Husband! Bunnings has a huge range to choose from.This old girl needed a new sheet of fibreboard on the back. The old one was pulling away from the frame and was sagging and generally just old. Ozito Jigsaw and a new skill learnt thanks to Husband! Bunnings has a huge range to choose from.Ozito Nail gun to attach new back.Ozito Nail gun to attach new back.Measure twice cut once.Measure twice cut once.Blackboard self adhesive for all the black parts. It gave a clean smart finish. I used wood glue on the back to make it extra secure.Blackboard self adhesive for all the black parts. It gave a clean smart finish. I used wood glue on the back to make it extra secure.Wooden circles from the craft section, covered in coloured paper and glued on.Wooden circles from the craft section, covered in coloured paper and glued on.Fiddly Bits spay paint.Fiddly Bits spay paint.New handle hole needed.New handle hole needed.These lights are only $7 and come with batteries! Touch lights that have both velcro and a hole for a small screw.These lights are only $7 and come with batteries! Touch lights that have both velcro and a hole for a small screw.270278481_4635119579935583_8431837911315185981_n.jpgFits perfectly. The little touch point glows in the dark!!Fits perfectly. The little touch point glows in the dark!!Old game covers, laminated and glued to adhesiveOld game covers, laminated and glued to adhesiveBlackboard adhesive on the side to keep score (or to leave a note to do homework!)Blackboard adhesive on the side to keep score (or to leave a note to do homework!)All finished and ready for my gamer child!All finished and ready for my gamer child!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Faux Game Console Drawers!

That's incredible, @DanaR. I trust your child is absolutely thrilled with their new gaming console drawers. 

Many thanks for taking the time to walk us through your project. I'm sure many of our members will be considering how they too could make something just as impressive for their child.

Great work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Faux Game Console Drawers!

Hi @DanaR 

This is SO COOL! What a creative upcycle you have made for your child!

I really like your addition of the touch light so they can find the dresser easily at night or really early. 

Thank you for sharing this great project.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects