Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Globewest dupe - Coffee table

sammilne
Having an Impact

Globewest dupe - Coffee table

It's been a little while since I've posted, but I'm back with another easy DIY!

I saw a table from Globewest that I loved, but for $1500 it was out of my budget and I just knew I could DIY it for less. So I purchased the Finn Coffee Table from Kmart ($29) and the Home Bazaar Terrazzo Coffee Table from Bunnings ($60) and combined them using my favourite Selleys Hold Up Glue.

To position the legs I marked out the centre and then drew a 15cm triangle around it. I then placed the legs so that they were pointing towards the centre and marked around them before glueing them down. I then waited overnight (about 12 hours) before turning it over to reveal the finished product.

I find that the table is secure enough and I trust the selleys hold up, but if you feel like it needs some reinforcement you could add a few small angled brackets.

My DIY:

PXL_20220604_022556001.PORTRAIT.jpg

The Globewest table: 

Screenshot_20220603-073513.png

The process:

Screenshot_20220609-093544~2.png

Screenshot_20220609-093533~2.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Globewest dupe - Coffee table

Hello @sammilne

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful coffee table project. There is nothing like creating a piece of furniture that looks exactly like the one you want for a fraction of the cost. I've done the same thing with my display cabinets, I could not bring myself to pay for a thousand-dollar timber shelving system when I knew I could build it myself.

Again, thank you for sharing the photos and materials you used for this amazing coffee table project.

We look forward to seeing your next creation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Globewest dupe - Coffee table

Nice table!

I had to google Globewest - I don't understand their pricing??

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects