Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use an old desk top

Jamespeter100
Making a Splash

How to use an old desk top

I like Wally’s Walpamur paint, this is the fence paint being used on a table.  A large circle and a smaller circle, with legs that look like the letter “G”, to get an Art Deco table. 

463563EB-1BB1-49F8-BAB5-6B6A1BECD4E7.jpeg

6667D350-BAAB-4C4B-ADD2-F5256BD58C57.jpeg

 Sizes, the middle is like a housing joint, so the two sides can be held in place. Made from 3.4cm thereabouts desk top.

6E222EF9-2A2C-44E3-A7D9-0717367390B9.jpeg

Note, to make it easier, use the already straight edge of the table, instead of trying to cut another. I found the section when the smaller circle goes was out, so two nursery pots were used as a jig to get the level with the top circle.  When using the jig saw to make the circle, don’t look at the blade, look ahead where the notch is at the front of the jig saw. Follow it all the time, if the final is out a mm, who cares.

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: how to use an old desk top

Thanks so much for sharing this project @Jamespeter100. Could you tell us a bit more about how you created the legs? How have you fastened everything together? For the benefit of other community members who are inspired to build something similar.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to use an old desk top

That a very creative re-purposing of an old desktop @Jamespeter100! I really like the leg design, and you've certainly nailed the art déco brief.

Many thanks for sharing the additional details on how you went about building the project.

Great work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects