Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Makeover of an old set of drawers

Oddchair22
Building a Reputation

Makeover of an old set of drawers

An old set of draws that was gifted and needed sooo much love. The mirror was over 100 years old and I thought would match well with the draws as I wanted both to be a hallway feature 

Draws were cleaned and then sprayed with two coats of British 4 in 1 stain blocker followed by 3 coats of Black mineral paint in Vintage Bird Black Cat. Left paint to dry for three days and used stencil for patterns using British Infinity White. Sealed with two coats of hemp oil.

Handles for the draws were removed and replaced with recycled handles from an old dresser and painted in white spray paint.

Mirror was sprayed with two coats of BIN Zinser and three coats of Black cat and applied stencil in Infinity white  followed by two coats of hemp oil.

32E5F519-F290-4DAF-B4FC-1101AD5E0565.jpeg

BFB388E0-DB3C-40B0-9652-7DDC1F1E377E.jpeg

4FC79E6B-BD19-4BBD-906B-33C0D71AFB32.jpeg

88A73E09-E94D-4074-A646-BB01B7851957.jpeg

8ADF4B52-4C10-4608-8B06-A493E6EDE9E8.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Makeover of an old set of draws

Wow! Absolutely stunning, @Oddchair22! That stencilling is remarkable; I love it.

I can hardly believe that you started with that plain white cabinet and now have this statement piece. You have some truly amazing D.I.Y. skills.

Many thanks for sharing, and great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Makeover of an old set of draws

Thank you! The stenciling did make this piece unique, it was a very tidious process but worth it!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects