Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Modern dresser with fluted top drawers

Rachel_DeMarchi
Cultivating a Following

Modern dresser with fluted top drawers

86F64953-D342-4A62-9A1D-3441739660FC.jpeg

I upcycled this dresser with 1/2 round dowel on the top two drawers, all hand cut to size. I painted with British paint refined stone. The top I sanded back and used a walnut stain and varnish and 32mm matte black knobs to compliment the curves of this piece. I absolutely love how it turned out.
Thanks Bunnings! 

  

BEBD5D67-DAEA-4615-A59D-5378FDA897E5.jpeg

DB577FFA-9855-461F-94E3-5642CCCF44CD.jpeg

Re: Modern dresser with fluted top drawers

Thank you @Rachel_DeMarchi . Thats very smart of you to cut the dowel around the knobs to keep them same length. If it is alright, can you send a close up picture of how it looks between the knob and the dowel. Is there any gap that you had to fill?

Thank you again :smile:

dinaandjake
Building a Reputation

Woah! This looks so good and has given my inspiration to do the same to my old dresser! May I please ask what products you used to stain and varnish the top? Its exactly the look I am after. Thank you!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @dinaandjake,

Let me mention @Rachel_DeMarchi, so they are alerted to your questions and kind feedback.

We'd be keen to hear all about your upcycling project. Please reach out if you need any assistance with it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dinaandjake
Building a Reputation

Woah! @Rachel_DeMarchi This looks so good and has given my inspiration to do the same to my old dresser! May I please ask what products you used to stain and varnish the top? Its exactly the look I am after. Thank you!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @dinaandjake

Let me tag @Rachel_DeMarchi to make sure they are aware of your kind words and questions. I totally agree, the finish on that dresser is outstanding. It would be handy to know what brand they used to finish off the timber top and how they managed to get such a fine finish.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Upcycled Buffets

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thanks @dinaandjake It was a while ago now but I think it was this.674E5912-534C-46A4-9FB7-4564300763D8.jpeg

Hi @shanthini, I sold the dresser so unfortunately I can’t take a photo sorry. There wasn’t a gap nor was it noticeable.

Hi @Rachel_DeMarchi

Thank you so much for sharing that information with us. Congratulations on selling the dresser, was it difficult to let go or were planning on selling it from the start?

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects