Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

BBQ Build

Jimi
Making a Splash

BBQ Build

7.1.jpg7.2.jpg

Matador appliances, timber and blue-board...and a lot of measuring and remeasuring...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: BBQ Build

Nice one @Jimi. I am envious of the built-in bar fridge. 

What did you use for the benchtop?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jimi
Making a Splash

Thanks. The benchtop created a lot of debate...currently it is just a rendered top same as the body. Once I build a pergola I will look at attaching a timber benchtop, there are some good designs at Bunnings these days but I don't want it ruined from the weather.

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

How goods that! Looks great mate - I also love the built in bar fridge idea :smile:

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

That looks very nice - well done!

CagsMac
Cultivating a Following

Looks great, have you cement rendered for the finish and has that fully water-proofed the unit?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @CagsMac and many thanks for joining in the discussion. Let me tag @Jimi for you so he is alerted to your question about the finish on this terrific build.

Are you planning something similar? We look forward to reading all about your own projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks. I used blueboard and sealed corners with joint compound followed by a cement render. It is completely weather proof.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects