Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen

darryl7
Building a Reputation

Outdoor kitchen

1575323819695141185811.jpg
darryl7
Building a Reputation

Re: Outdoor kitchen

Yes it has plastic spacer legs on each corner raising it about 25mm of the bench.

Thankyou @darryl7 @ for all of this very useful information. I really appreciate your time and inspiration

JustinS
Cultivating a Following

Well done this looks great @darryl7 !

I’m about to build an outdoor kitchen although a bit smaller.

Did you build this on top of the decking or build the kitchen first and the decking around it?

I already have the decking in place and am wondering whether I can build straight on top, or I’ll need to recut the decking and fix the kitchen framing to the concrete slab underneath.

Cheers, Justin

darryl7
Building a Reputation

Thanks for the compliment Justin. Yes i biult the kitchen straight down on top of the deck. There are four 250mm long bugle head screws spaced out in the bottom of the cabinets into the decking to hold them from moving around as i had no where to fix them through the back of the cabinets.

JustinS
Cultivating a Following

Great thanks mate! @darryl7 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @JustinS,

Please keep us updated on your progress with the outdoor kitchen as they are particularly popular within the community. You might like to start your own discussion about your construction so we can all follow along.

We'll be looking forward to hearing more about it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JustinS
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @MitchellMc 

I’m trying to decide on what material I’ll use for the external cladding and cabinetry. Can I use marine grade ply and then paint this? Would I still need to clad with a blue board first? Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@JustinS,

You can use marine grade ply and then paint it for the cabinetry. I might need more details on what you intend to clad with blue board to offer an answer on whether it is required,

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JustinS
Cultivating a Following

Thanks @MitchellMc !

@darryl7 what type of material did you build your cabinetry from? Cheers.

darryl7
Building a Reputation

I built my cabinets from formply, its usually used to hold wet concrete so its strong and doesnt mind getting wet. I did have to scuff up the surface a bit to get the paint to stick to it.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects