Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hallway table

Carol_Prime
Having an Impact

Hallway table

20210103_153757.jpg

20210103_154032.jpg

20210103_154043.jpg

20210103_145314.jpg

20210103_145434.jpg

20210103_145743.jpg

Whipped up this hallway table in a couple of hours. $65 all from Bunnings. 

2 x bench seat legs @$25ea

3 x boards @ $5 ea on clearance 

already had bees wax, screws etc.

And ended up with a chopping board with the left over board.(food grade too)

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hallway table

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @MikeyT. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @Carol_Prime and hopefully, she can answer how her panels were cut.

You should find this step-by-step guide useful: How To Cut A Bamboo Benchtop. Although it is for Bamboo, the same principals will apply when cutting any timber panel product.

We look forward to hearing all about the projects you have going on around your house and garden, and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our fantastic members contribute their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MikeyT,

Top and bottom panels were straight off the shelf. All i cut were the ends. I cut them at 300mm using a piece of timber as a guild or straight line as i call it and ran my cordless ryobi circular saw straight through. Took about 5 mins. 

Thanks Carol. Do you or any other members have a recommendation for 18V or 36V Ryobi circular saw for occasional DIYer like me?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @MikeyT,

36v products are normally limited to our gardening range. You'll find 18v circular saws, and my recommendation would fall with the Ryobi One+ 18V 165mm Circular Saw - Skin Only. The reasoning for that is I've had plenty of experience owning it, and it's performed admirably for every use I've had for it. It really is a great lightweight unit.

Do you have any other battery equipment which you've already invested in buying batteries for?

Mitchell

EdwardW
Having an Impact

Very neat!!! 

@Carol_Prime 

Thank you, i used your idea as inspiration to make a small TV stand. So thank you once again. 🙂

Nook/Hallway table

20210509_153702.jpg

20210509_153731.jpg

20210508_193227.jpg

I was so happy with the hallway table i made a few weeks ago i made another one. 

This time to fill in an unused Nook in our dining space. We had a large dining table in the area before so was unused and bulky. Down sizing the table has provided me to be able to utilise the area better and make a cool little piece of furniture. 

Re: Nook/Hallway table

That looks brilliant, @Carol_Prime! It's a perfect size for that nook and suits the area well.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

KevinMall
Making a Splash

👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects