Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with Mosaics?

Julieg9426
Having an Impact

Help with Mosaics?

Hi all

I’ve just discovered this section on the website - it’s going to change my life!!!!! 😁

Wondering if anyone in the community has done any mosaicking?  I’d like to start but have no idea where to!

Re: Help with Mosaics?

Sorry for the bother @Julieg9426.

Can you please try again for me? I've made a small tweak to your account that should address the issue. We certainly support Macs here on Bunnings Workshop - I use one too. 

Can you please let me know whether you were using the Insert Photos button at the top of the text editor or the Upload Images button at the bottom?

Thanks again for your patience. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Jason

I’ve tried both ways but still no success.  I don’t get the error now and it looks like the photo upload has worked but then the photos aren’t there in the post 😭

Hello @Julieg9426 

If you have your pictures in a folder in your mac the steps should be the following.

Click on the upload images button at the lower left corner of the reply screen.

You should now have a new screen saying Photos with a button in the middle saying " Choose file"

Upon clicking the choose file button your mac should now open another window displaying file locations, look for the folder containing your photo.

Were going to test it so just choose 1 photo. please note that the photo has to be either a .,jpg or .png format if it is in another format you will need to convert it to the aforementioned file types. Click on your photo and choose open. It should now load to the photo window and you should see a little picture of it loaded on the upper left corner of the photo window. Make sure to click "Done"

Just to be sure close your browser and reopen to the workshop site. Proceed to your topic of mosaics and promptly try to load the photo. The site does have a timed response so if you keep your page open on this particular topic and try to load the picture say after 10 or 15 minutes it will give you an error message and will say that you need to refresh the page. So while the page is freshly opened try to load your photo. If you still get errors perhaps you may try it on another computer.

Cheers,

Red 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@Julieg9426,

To insert an image in a post:

1. Start a new discussion or reply to an existing post.
  2. Click the Insert Photos button in the editor's tool bar.
  3. Drag photos onto the image viewer or click on Choose Files. Select your photo and wait for it to upload.
  4. Add a caption to the photo if you wish.
  5. Choose how you want the image aligned.
    • Left aligns the image on the left side of the post. Any text that comes after the image appears to the right.
    • Inline inserts the image right where the cursor is in the editor. If you add a return after the image, any text you add appears below the image.
    • Right inserts the image on the right side of the post. Text appears to the left of the image. If you add a lot of text, it eventually wraps under the image.
  6. Choose an image size: Large, Medium or Small.
  7. Click Done.

You are then free to compose your message and the photo should be visible in the text editor. When you are ready to post your message, hit the Post button.

Hope that helps,

Jason

CrossedFingers.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6326.jpeg

gMreZSYvRBiMiCdkj%CL7Q.jpeg

hyHhNVM6SR6%fdzLcDd%tw.jpeg

Hi Jason

I've done those steps multiple times and still no image ...

Can I reply to the email and attach the image so you can post it for me?

Yes, feel free to email them to workshop@bunnings.com.au and we can put them up for you @Julieg9426.

Can you please tell me what browser you are using and what operating system version your Mac has?

Thanks,

Jason

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

@Julieg9426 thanks so much for persevering. Your mosaic looks incredible. You are a natural. Have you done quilting or painting before? You have a great eye for form and colour. Very impressive!

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful

Hello @Julieg9426 

This is beautiful work. I suggest using a tile and grout sealer to preserve the finish and it will so seal the color of your grout. Looking forward to your future creations. I hope you have more luck posting next time.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What an absolutely phenomenal first mosaic @Julieg9426! I'm so excited for you! I trust there will be many more to come on this new adventure, and we are just delighted to be able to join you on it.

You'll need to start giving us some pointers because I would love to create something like that myself. Many thanks for sharing your efforts and please keep us updated.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects