Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hybrid flooring installation

WoodenGregsWood
Making a Splash

Hybrid flooring installation

I have wanted to install Hybrid flooring for a long time.  Well the time finally came.

I ordered 7 5mm Hybrid flooring and was able to install it directly over my pretty flat tiles without removing them.

Could have filled a swear jar several times, but the end result is amazing. 

Steps

Step 1

Measured the area in as much detail as I could making sure I added 10% extra to account for wastage.  Ordered the appropriate amount of flooring. 

20230618_114003.jpg

Step 2

Started laying in my entryway making sure that there were no ridiculously narrow boards required. 

20230621_120150.jpg

Step 3

Continued laying boards through the kitchen and dining / living room. 

20230625_185348.jpg

Step 4

Continued laying into the lounge which was made much easier by laying the boards from left to right.

20230704_195302.jpg

Step 5

Finished the laying in the main living area.  (Just a small back hallway to complete. 

20230716_123701.jpg

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Hybrid flooring installation

@WoodenGregsWood Congratulations on achieving such a great job, well done, I just saw a photo of your cats, are they allowed on the new floor?

Good look with your DIY July entry.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @WoodenGregsWood 

There's nothing like the feeling of a timber looking hybrid floor. Thank you so much for posting details of your awesome installation. Will you be placing a timber bead to cover the gaps? Honestly it looks almost invisible in the photos. 

By the looks of it, the cats need to get use to the new floor.

Again, thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful floor revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prof
Becoming a Leader

Hi WoodenGregsWood..

That's a beautiful job you've done there..

I really like the colour and the look of those boards..

Good luck with your entry..

Prof..

foxhound
Growing in Experience

HI,

Congratulations on achieving such a great results. May I please ask where did you get these boards from and what is this texture called?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @foxhound 

Let me tag @WoodenGregsWood to make them aware of your kind words and question. Unfortunately, I can't make out the tag on the side of the boxes in their photo. 

However, I suggest having a look at the Hybrid Flooring Selection on the Bunnings website. There are some very similar looking timber finishes available. But in order to get a real sense of the finish I propose visiting the flooring section of your local store on your next visit. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi, I purchased from National Floors and the colour is Blackbutt. 

Hi Eric,  yes just the tidying up left to do with the scotia trim.  Might get the cats to do that bit 🤔 

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Beautiful work @WoodenGregsWood It looks fantastic !! I take it your cats have given you their approval of the finished product 🤣 Oh , I will need to borrow your swear jar mate. I am going to have a go at laying flooring in the living room. Great inspiration right here 😃

Goodluck,  the end result will definitely be worth all the donations to the swear jar 🤣

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects