Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I'm nearing the end of our backyard games room project, I had an eclectic assortment of items in my basket during my long weekend trip to Bunnings. There was some magnets for a gate, some wood filler, some paint and a new BBQ spatula.

Looking around at the store, it seemed many people were gearing up for a big weekend of D.I.Y. and gardening projects. There was certainly a wide variety of items in shopping baskets and trolleys.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mick0s
Having an Impact

Re: What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

@Helen, see the video below for a good run down on how I did the inkjet photo transfer.  

And thats not me in the video!  Just where I learned he trick. :laugh:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for sharing @Mick0s. I've edited your post to make the video bigger. (You can choose small, medium or large when embedding a YouTube video on Workshop). :smile:

Jason

The last thing I bought from Bunnings .. 15 bags of Potting Mixture .. starting to fill two huge timber/galv iron sheeting raised garden beds.(Raised on bricks)
Making a private area on a concrete driveway (keeping neighbours from prying). One bed down. Off to Bunnings again Saturday for another .. wait for it 20.
It is the expensive way .. but as a "senior" person I can fill at my leisure and not have a huge pile of soil on the driveway. I could not shovel .. so this is the BEST way I can do it BY MYSELF!

Will plant trees as a hedge .. which will grow above fenceline and give privacy .. might take a couple of years .. but will look nice

Helen
Having an Impact

Thanks @Mick0s, will have a go!

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's been a while since this discussion was kicked off. I'm sure there have been lots of shopping baskets filled since then!

I bought a bunch of seedlings for the winter vegie garden, along with some pea straw mulch and compost. 

Jason

Kim
Having an Impact

To be totally honest - and it doesn't reflect my typical Bunnings purchase - it was a coffee and a dotty cookie!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I think mine was some seaweed concentrate and citrus food.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@Mick0s and @Helen

You can also transfer photocopied images onto wood using acetone. It is really easy. You just tape the paper down and saturate the paper with acetone, usually with a rag or paintbrush. The image will be mirrored, so you need to print it in reverse if it has text.  

wood-wallpaper-742653.jpg

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Steam cleaner.
CathD
Making a Splash

How are you finding the steam cleaner @Brad? What did you buy it for? 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects