Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Portable small work table, 900mm long x 450mm wide

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Portable small work table, 900mm long x 450mm wide

I have just completed making and installing shelves and duct cover for a range hood cupboard for my nephews new place, I new he had no work benches to work on, so I decided to to make a small portable work bench, made out of mdf top and hardwood (Tas oak) all materials are from Bunnings. The finish has been waxed,(I hate painting) I made it so I can take it apart to fit in the car. It was very useful on site. I routered 20mm equally spaced to allow for clamping the timber to be routered.IMG_7536.JPGIMG_7537.JPGIMG_7538.JPGIMG_7539.JPGIMG_7540.JPGIMG_7541.JPGIMG_7542.JPGIMG_7543.JPGIMG_7544.JPGCWGZ5056.JPGHXXV7732.JPGIMG_7535.JPGIMG_7536.JPGIMG_7541.JPGIMG_7544.JPGIMG_7567.JPGWVKP0975.JPGWZIH1072.JPG

Re: Portable small work table, 900mm long x 450mm wide

Yes the adapters are good and I am slowly changing al of my old plastic cheapies with the Irwin ones. The lock downs used to be on the shelf in Bunnings but I had not seen them for a while so I did a bit of detective work and phoned Irwin and thay said I could get them as a special order. I am in the middle of creating a new work shop and Bunnings is becoming a bit like a home from home.

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

I am most fascinated by the router guide you are using.... It looks like something you've created yourself(?). Would you  share the details on what you used to make it please?

I love seeing the guides and jigs for tools that d.i.y-ers  create. They are often far more versatile and practically useful than commercially made items, because they are made with use in mind, rather than saleroom appeal.

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi

.@TedBear

Is this what you were talking about, it's my router table I made for my handheld variable speed Makita router, I got the idea from Youtube, and bought the track, router plate and on/off switch from Timbecon in Melbourne. I used mdf and Tassie Oak for materials.

JoeAzza_0-1613893614385.jpeg

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

.@TedBear

I think I posted the information on my router table. I think you were asking about my router power tool rail system.

https://youtu.be/LhPoy9Ng1r4

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Thanks @JoeAzza ,

I hadn't come across that post, but will now devour it with interest.

r23on
Amassing an Audience

@JoeAzza 

love the craftsmanship and quality of the project do you have set of plans or drawings for this, if so any chance of a copy and i see in the back ground a larger what seem to be a jigging table. do you use it much.

@r23on  

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @r23on 

I do have some sketches, however, I made this table quickly as I needed for an offsite job I was doing for someone, these were the only sketches I found. The table in the background is a large version of my portable table, I use it a lot for clamping, gluing and assembly work, it's a multi purpose table.

JoeAzza_0-1634627745166.jpeg

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Thanks for the feedback, when I return to my home location I need to get around to doing the same as I need a good jigging table.Do you remember you renters for the holes?

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

@r23on 

Mine are set at 96mm centers', same as used on a Festool table

JoeAzza_0-1634683348002.png

r23on
Amassing an Audience

@JoeAzza 

thanks for the info I think i will jump on the cad machine and draw up a unit

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects