Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sliding drop saw cabinet

Razzer
Having an Impact

Sliding drop saw cabinet

Here is a build that I did in my garage. It is made mainly out of 18mm MDF. I have attached a before and after photo. The vertical draws are to hold 1lt paint/stain cans. It has plenty of storage.

20180617_194330.jpg

20160423_164030.jpg

20180421_153939.jpg

20180430_193958.jpg20180506_173054.jpg20180603_132143.jpg20180506_173104.jpg20180616_194212.jpg

unsoundguy
Growing in Experience

Re: Sliding drop saw cabinet

@Razzer 

I really like the way you have run the fence with the t-track the full length, was it tricky cutting in the actual saw fence?

How thick is the fence with the t-track?

Gday @unsoundguy 

The track was super easy to cut, I used the dropsaw with the normal blade to cut it. Once I cut it to size, I moved it about 1mm from the blade. Didnt want the blade to touch it. I only used 19 KD hardwood for the fence, I had it lying collecting dust in the garage. I used a trimmer to cut out the groove, I did it in 4 passes cause I was using a 10mm router bit and didnt want it to rip the timber apart. Hope that helps you out.

Auzbuilt
Finding My Feet

I have been looking around for ideas for my sliding dropsaw set up, thanks for sharing this, I probably won't go as far as this but the concept is something I will follow. Cheers.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Auzbuilt. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @Razzer, so they are alerted to your kind comments.

We'd love to follow along with your drop saw bench setup and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our amazing members are contributing their own projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

@Razzer,

So you made all the drawers and stuff for this project?

Even if you didn't, that is a really solid effort.

I like how it turned out.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

"Once I cut it to size, I moved it about 1mm from the blade. Didnt want the blade to touch it."

So looking closer.

Is it possible to make a mitre or angled cut?

90 Degrees only?90 Degrees only?

Gday @MikeTNZ 

Yep I built everything, the draw sides took forever to cut each one. Wish I had the tablesaw back then.

Razzer
Having an Impact

Gday @Noyade 

I only use this saw for docking. So no mitre cuts, I use the table saw to do mitre cuts. I may change the design a little with the new dropsaw and it has a larger base then the one I was using. I ended up buying the Makita LS1019. Its so much nicer then the old one.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects