Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Thoughts on Ozito tools?

woodenwookie
Making a Splash

Thoughts on Ozito tools?

Hi all,

I'm sort of an intermediate amatuer woodworker and have been using a Black and Decker Matrix drill driver for a number of years. I recently purchased an Ozito Line Trimmer and Blower combo from Bunnings and then after purchasing that got the battery and charger pack with the 4.0mAh battery because the charger that comes with the kit was super slow. I really like this kit and it has done a stellar job of dismantling the weeds we've accumulated due to weather stopping us getting to them. 🤣😇

Due to my use of pocket holes in a number of projects and the fact that Little Woodie stole my Ozito Screwdriver I ended up getting the 18V Impact Driver Skin and I really like it.

My Matrix is getting a little long in the tooth and is still on the original batteries (over 6 years old now) but I've also built up quite a collection of heads for it and most get used often but I'm finding the drill to be a little under powered. So I'm thinking of getting the Brushless Hammer Drill skin to take the drilling load off. Is it a reasonable drill for the range it sits in? I'm finding that I needed to go to the hammer drill attachment in order to get cleaner pocket holes but they're still a bit manky and I noticed the Ozito one spins faster still so maybe that'll be cleaner still.

While I don't have much need for the hammer drill ability I find it has been needed to hang a couple of things in my workshop where one wall is concrete block.

I actually have a very real need to go cordless because currently I'm running a 25m extension lead to my workshop to get power into it (long story but my wife decided the sleepout was going to be her office which incidentally has just ended up being the junk room). I like the Ozito stuff and while the higher end brands would be nice frankly I can neither afford them nor can I use them to their fullest (in fact the drills from say Milwaukee and DeWalt actually kind of hurt my wrist which was damaged in a motorcycle crash a few years ago).

I know these questions get asked all the time and they are relative but I'd like to hear how others get on. So far for me the use has been positive but I just need a little reassurance that the investment will be worth it.

Thanks folks.

Re: Thoughts on Ozito tools?

30 years a carpenter.... now doing handyman and wood projects during the corona.  Ozito is brilliant for the price... and warranty. I would even use them out in the trade as I did when GMC was a Bunnings staple.  Ryobi are sorely overpriced their supplied 1.3 batteries are inadequate.  Try to adapt dust extraction from any of their tools,  biscuit joiner, thicknesser, bench belt and disc sander....( iimpossible )  All are different .   Ozito all fit their vacuums with no need for adaptors.

im disappointed that Bunnings don’t carry some of the Ozito range such as the biscuit joiner.
I sold tools in the U.S.  Dewalt, Milwaukee  for half or less the price  Ozito are solid reliable tools...!

@Lewis1958,

Was there a specific Ozito biscuit joiner you were looking for? I note there is the Ozito 1010w Biscuit Joiner available on our website. As far as I am aware the entirety of the Ozito range should be available in-store and certainly available through special orders. If there was a particular item you had noticed missing, I would be more than happy to pass that information onto our merchandise department to look into.

Mitchell 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

While ago now ,  but couldn’t get on the Bunnings site  Contacted Ozito who said they would mention it to their people.....  I’m in Alice Springs ... so maby it’s not so easy here...

I got the Ryobi  it would not be my first preference the Springs are too stiff and dust extraction is painful as the supplied bag fills on the first cut...LOL...   The blades are to broad making 20 gauge biscuits sit loosely in the grooves.

but thanks...!

I have a couple of Ozito tools,  a cordless drill, and a corded detail sander.

Had them both for years, and they still go good (obviously I don't use the sander that much). The drill is perfect for the general household stuff, and served me well when we put up the new awning.

I was in my local Bunnings recently, trying to decide what to replace my Ryobi 2 stroke line trimmer with (I'm looking at replacing my mower and whipper snipper with battery operated stuff.  The Ozito PXC2 cordless trimmer attracts me, and would probably suit my not very well kept lawn, LOL - but then the Ryobi +1 stuff also attracts me.

Happy to hear experiences from the community.

Briggsy
Building a Reputation

Hi Walter

If you are looking at the Ozito cordless trimmer then go for the line trimmer with the nylon line, my front grass is not bowling green standard and I have the one with the red plastic blade similar to the Bosch on. On the rougher lawns it tends to hit and bite and causes quite a bit of jolting through your hands. the line type is far better on the body. I also have the battery mower and find it does a very good job ( easy enough for my wife to use) evn on the rougher lawn, however you will need to keep the grass length under control as it is not a long grass machine. battery life is fairly good with the 5.2 ah batteries that came with my kit. hope this is of help.

Hey @Briggsy 

Thanks for that, yeah I'm not sold on the plastic blades. I cant see them lasting.

Definitely the nylon line seems to be the way to go.

Jaymo
Getting Established

I purchased a box set to work on my camper, on special at bunnings, 115mm Angle Grinder, A small Circular Saw, Impact Driver, Drill and a Torch, 18v batteries 1x2amp 1x 3amp hour, bought several 4amp hours since, the drill went back next day, thing would cut out after the trigger was pull under no load, it deciding not to replicate the fault in front of the guy at bunnings it did do it while he was in hearing distance of it as I was standing there continuing to pull the trigger, dumbfounded as it did it all the way to the service desk right up till he arrived, bought them due to me having an "old" set of different brands and different batteries though all quality german stuff, I've learnt a lot about moden Lithium based cheaper tools since, at a cost, don't think your Angle Grinder or Circular saw are faulty if you use 2ah batteries or lower, those batteries just don't supply the amps and the tools constantly turn off, and as the batteries get to about half capacity same will happen, the batteries are destroyed by the charger fast chargers are not your friend in the lower price bracket, let your batteries cool before charging, especially in hot weather, charge them in a cool place and if you're so inclined, buy an RV Charger and slow charge them, they last a hell of a lot longer, apart from that, I have not been able to damage or break them, and I now live off-grid after travelling 3.5k kilometres to a new job, found a property I had the $ for, had sold my old stuff before coming up here and rely the Ozito stuff and some Aldi tools which are actually better, I also have an Ozito Multi tool that I bought several years ago, small triangle 12v battery, I am restoring a 12mtre bus at the moment, that thing is unkillable and it makes so many jobs so much easier, some jobs like cutting a smalI piece of sheet metal away in a very hard to get to corner, it made this job so much better, tried to buy new batteries but they just aren't available, will wire it up so I can use a 12v battery when that does maybe or repack it, have a very cheap Ozito 12 Nicad drill also, the battery in that little cheapy died recently, it was something that a cheap boss brought several of once, most of the batteries died as they were nowhere near the quality needed for what we were doing, it's slow and not very powerful, but the hardware survived on all of them till the batteries died.

dustycooks73
Finding My Feet

I want to add something to this thread. I have a few ozito and most of them are good I'm slowly upgrading to Ryobi as requ9ired. my question I  have the 210m sliding mitre drop saw, I've had it for a while and it does a good job apart from the fact that the laser doesn't work properly. When I turn the laser on you can see it (shining) but it just doesn't point to the centre of the cut anymore, I've pulled it apart but cant seem to get it to be visible on the wood. 

cheers

Hi @dustycooks73,

Have you replaced the AAA batteries recently as that sounds like they are almost depleted?

I note you can see it shining but does the laser unit emit a beam anymore? If the lasers beam is simply not aligned to the blade here are the alignment instructions.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dejayajay
Getting Established

I've been doing the opposite - I'm moving from Ryobi TO Ozito, and I use them for trade, so they get a fair old workout. Loving the brushless range.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects