Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CoolYota
Getting Established

Re: Where to find free pallets?

Hello,

I am located in WA, the nearest Bunnings are O'Connor and Myaree. Do they have free pallets to collect? Thanks :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @CoolYota

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about free pallets.

What project are you building with the pallets? Just make sure to take care and grab only the ones with the HT tag on. It means that it is a heat-treated pallet and no chemicals were used in its preservation.  

Most stores have pallets to give away, I suggest giving them a call first just to be sure they have some for pick-up. Depending on the number of D.I.Y. enthusiasts around the area you might find that the pallets get picked up quickly as they are often used for projects. Let me find out for you if these stores have any pallets to give away. As soon as I get the information I'll post it here.

Eric

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @CoolYota,

Bunnings O'Connor and Melville both have plenty of free pallets at the moment. If you are planning to delay your visit, it would be worth calling before heading in to ensure some are still available.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Mitchell

Maz10
Just Starting Out

Hi, I'm looking for 8-10 pallets in the Canberra area (happy to drive to any of the Bunnings in Canberra) to build a chicken coop. I've tried making some calls, but probably because it's late on a public holiday, the people answering the phone weren't sure. Hoping you can help direct me to the best Bunnings to get some pallets, or let me know which area of the shop will know what's available?

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Maz10. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring free pallets.

Typically, the team in our Timber Yards would be the best point of contact. I've contacted Bunnings Gungahlin, and they have plenty of pallets just waiting to be collected by customers. If you'd like me to try somewhere closer, please let me know the name of your nearest store.

Mitchell

CoolYota
Getting Established

Hi Eric,

Thank you. I am planning to build a pipe clamp storage rack.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated on your project @CoolYota, as we'd love to see what you come up with.

Mitchell

toughgamer
Cultivating a Following

Hi Mitch, you are really helpful! Can I please ask a favour - do you know if bunnings rouse hill has any pallets that I can pickup? I'm planning to build drawers for my workbench :smile: 

Nham
Becoming a Leader

Sadly my local Bunnings stop giving out pallets. On a trip to pick up some items from the Good Guys at a homemaker centre, I saw they had pallets lying around. I asked the delivery clerk, and they were more than happy to let me take as many as I wanted. Maybe try the homemaker centres as they have plenty of pallets.   

Hi @toughgamer,

Sorry about the delay in my reply. At the moment, Bunnings Rouse Hill has a few pallets available. If there is nothing suitable now, you might like to speak with one of our helpful team members, as I trust they'll be able to put something aside for you.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects