Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to refresh my kitchen with paint?

leanne1987
Just Starting Out

How to refresh my kitchen with paint?

E20F2494-D891-4C23-80DE-74F8D5B84D0D.jpeg

Hi all!

So I’m wanting to give my kitchen a bit of a paint and spruce up for a short term as we will be renovating and extending our house in the near future (fingers crossed 😂).

I have decided to paint the cupboards, the splash back tiles and the bench top but I’m wondering what I should paint first? I was thinking of painting the tiles first but then not sure on whether to do the Benchtop next or whether to do the cupboard areas first and leave the benchtop until last. I’m mindful I need to tape around the areas so don’t want to ruin any of my hard work when removing the tape. Hope that makes sense!

Many thanks in advance. Leanne 😊

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to refresh my kitchen with paint?

Hello @leanne1987 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about refreshing your kitchen with paint.

I propose doing the splashback first followed by the benchtop and doing your cabinets last. To prevent tape damage, I suggest getting tape that has longest allowable stay like Bear 24mm x 50m Washi 14 Days Masking Tape.

You'll need two types of paint in order to refresh your kitchen, I recommend looking at the Dulux 1L Renovation Range Tiles & Benchtops Gloss White for the splashback and laminate benchtop. 

If you have real timber doors, I suggest using Dulux 4L Aquanamel Semi Gloss White Enamel Paint or similar. However, if your doors are laminated as well, I propose using Dulux 2L Renovation Range Cabinet Doors Satin White. Please note that all the paint I've suggested can be tinted to the colour of your choice.

Here are some amazing painted kitchen projects our Workshop members have shared: 

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to refresh my kitchen with paint?

Hi Leanne (@leanne1987)

There's some more inspiration here - 10 kitchens transformed with paint.

Let me tag some experienced renovators in @prettyliving and @redbournreno for their thoughts on how they would go about transforming your kitchen.

We look forward to seeing what you can achieve.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects