Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Brought life back to some vintage furniture

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Brought life back to some vintage furniture

One of my fav things to to with wifey is strip back and revive old furniture. Here's the latest one we've done. In this case I actually did it all and she just decorated it and took the photo haha.

dresser2.jpg

dresser1.jpg

dresser4.jpg

dresser3.jpg

finished.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Brought life back to some vintage furniture

You should have a lot of fun with that one @Deanna. Nothing too complex so a good one to get started on.

The complexity comes more in the desired finish - natural wood, stain, paint, etc. Would love to see the final product!
----------
Handy and helpful

Thanks @ProjectPete  and sorry to hi-jack your thread, but your work looks amazing! Fingers crossed mine looks half as good.  

@Deanna Thanks very much! Although I dont think I'm that good, it just comes down to passion.

When you love what you do you'll always create something special.
----------
Handy and helpful

Deanna, I am soooooooo green with envy. I have a love of antique furniture and have many lovely pieces but have not restored any of them. When I bought them they were either already restored or just in very good nick. I will have to go around the house and yard and take some photos of all my bits and pieces to post on the Workshop forum.

I know it sounds funny but one of the reasons I love antique furniture is that it doesn't date like modern furniture.

The other reason I love antiques is because they were built to last and not made out of melamine etc which chips so easily and ends up on the tip within 5 years. Another reason is that if I decide to sell any of my pieces down the track I know that I will at least get my money back :smile:

Good Luck with the restoration.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects