Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sweet DIY - Upcycled lolly bar

AwesomeHuman
Getting Established

Sweet DIY - Upcycled lolly bar

8ADD0728-3B82-43F6-99C6-8AA996B74601.jpeg

Had this cabinet at home already, gathering dust and needing love ❤️ 

With the kids home for school holidays we started a project…

The kids were excited to paint until the timber stain kept coming through and turning yellow. Some stain blocker helped and we decided to get creative with some colour and spray paint. 
We selected our ‘candy colours’ and sprayed away! For our lolly hrs we used some old coffee jars and other jar we collected. 

A second trip to Bunnings to get a new fancy handle and something to light up the lolly jars… 

In all our Lolly Bar took 2 days to complete but has been a hit with everyone!
Young and old, everyone loves a sweet treat!

3F561026-6BFA-4D8F-9BE3-A912FEC4F16A.jpeg

B93A8BD6-F8B7-481D-8DB6-67EEF8B36992.jpeg

sandy_d
Amassing an Audience

Re: Sweet DIY- Upcycle Lolly Bar

@AwesomeHuman This wouldn’t last 5 minutes in my house!! But what a fantastic and colourful idea. We welcome you and your creative ideas to our community team. 

May I ask what lighting you used in the cabinets? I’m sure many of our community members would also be interested knowing.  

Thank you for your fantastic, sugar filled entry. I wish you the best of luck 😊

Sandy

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Sweet DIY - Upcycled lolly bar

Good morning. @AwesomeHuman 

No wonder you call yourself 'Awesome'. 😁

Wonderful idea!

I think if corner stores had displays like yours when I was a kid - sales woulda gone up 90%

My wife is a keen baker and always has a stock of lollies and goodies. But someone kept stealing them...

So she bought this - cause it has a lock.

But I just noticed - she left the key in!!

20220711_105127.jpg

Re: Sweet DIY- Upcycle Lolly Bar

Of course I threw out the pack. It was a 3 pack of led lights with a remote from memory about $23-

ive already re filled twice having visitors over the holidays- it’s going to send me broke 🤣

I’m already looking at a bigger unit to upgrade it 🤣🤣🤣

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @AwesomeHuman

I agree with @Noyade that awesome definitely belongs in your name! Welcome to the Workshop community. Thank you for joining and sharing your great cabinet project. You'll find Workshop to be a great place for inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden. 

This is such a fun project that I am sure many community members with children will love to replicate. Thank you for the suggestion of the stain blocker. Please post again when you have done your upgrade to a bigger unit!

Well done.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects