Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled bohemian chest of drawers

Shaira
Building a Reputation

Upcycled bohemian chest of drawers

🎄Ho ho it’s Boho🎄

As the Christmas spirit is in the air it took me back to my memory lane that happened last year this exact time of the year.

10291CA9-C823-4A0D-9C92-4E24222E073F.jpeg

The beautiful ladies from Srilankan community organised a high tea and I was a part of the decor team. So I decided to present a chest of drawers on Boho - Vintage theme. 

318E170A-DF23-4EB6-A3F3-2E0BA795209D.jpeg

Since the Christmas was around the corner those lovely Christmas Spirit generating colours inspired me a lot so I decided to incorporate those colour palettes into my project still making sure it also meets the chosen theme.

1659F16F-6263-4FB6-B162-7F8D0169C6CF.jpeg

As usual I followed my usual steps in upcycling the furniture. First I removed all the handles and kept them aside carefully inside a box.

Then I cleaned it thoroughly giving it a wash. Soapy water and a piece of cloth all what I used to clean the surfaces of the furniture. Then spray wipe and clean for the inside drawers.

Well after doing this step I gave a gentle sanding and for the prep I did two quotes of white paint. Left it to dry. 

the following day I gave a gentle sanding just to smoothen it out and then I added the custom made chalk paint . Thanks to Bunnings as usual I was able to gather most of my products from Bunnings. 

97CD148C-1250-4028-B0E8-921D03B7A149.jpeg

then I used my imagination to work on each drawers and I was very satisfied with the end results. 

E1C9FA9F-174D-41E3-A521-AE793F72AC4A.jpeg

2EC9665C-7129-4220-8195-082BCF475B8F.jpeg

799338BF-1060-4FD6-BEA0-727C15BD76CD.jpeg

It definitely brought a lot of joy and excitement to the entire space and I couldn’t be happier that day. 

2FE87AF8-006F-47A1-9A3A-5CC243B8C976.jpeg

    

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Upcycled bohemian chest of drawers

Wow @Shaira

You did an amazing job creating boho-inspired décor for your community's high-tea. 

I would love to know, what did you do to give the bottom drawers that gorgeous texture?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Shaira
Building a Reputation

Thank you so much Katie 

I mixed some water with plaster of Paris and did a texture on the draws with spatula once fully dried I painted n added some beads n eventually I sealed it with varnish 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

What a very clever use of Plaster of Paris @Shaira.

Did you find it hard to use? Did it take a long time to dry? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Shaira
Building a Reputation

The usage was very easy and I chose to paint the following day so it was well dried by the time I wanted to paint the drawers 🙂

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Love it! nice work :smile: 

Shaira
Building a Reputation

Thank you so much 💐💐💐

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects