Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. plant stand

joineryjo
Having an Impact

D.I.Y. plant stand

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

So I couldn’t find a plant stand that was the height or look I wanted so Bunnings to the rescue again! I did realise halfway for a stand this height I needed a secondary support at the bottom so ended up doing a cross lap joint on both. Still need to decide on a colour, should I varnish it walnut or paint it white? :smile: Plant was also from Bunnings. 

Community manager's note: Inspired by this wonderful project by @joineryjo, Bunnings Workshop member @JoeAzza has shared a full step-by-step guide How to build a planter stand with a full list of tools and materials required.  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: DIY plant stand

Thanks for joining in the discussion @gitzy. Let me tag @joineryjo for you so she is alerted to your question. 

Please note that our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc has put together this helpful guide you might like to refer to - Does Bunnings cut wood to size?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the tag @Jason@gitzy I cut them myself after I got a great deal at Bunnings on a cheap mitre saw. You can definitely get them cut to size at Bunnings though just make sure you measure what lengths you want. I measured my width based on my pot plant size:) Oh and I used premium pine so kept costs low!

So elegant !

Rolando
Having an Impact

I love the design and its simplicity, I'm going to show my wife the pictures and hopefully will get the go ahead.

Well done Jo, make sure you don't copyright it! Ciao 

red_one
Finding My Feet

You’ve provided the inspiration for my next project. I’ve also been looking for the right plant stands for my home. 
I love the minimalist look - congratulations on a fantastic job and thanks for sharing with us. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

We'll be looking forward to seeing your completed plant stands @red_one. Please let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share them with us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @mich1972!

Thanks @vica!

Thanks @JoeAzza:smile: Would love to see your pics, definitely tag me when you do them!

gitzy
Growing in Experience

Thanks for the information @joineryjo 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects