Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Saw horses (Upcycled Telstra installation stands)

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Saw horses (Upcycled Telstra installation stands)

Since saw horses have been discussed I thought I would throw these out there.

Ex Telstra instalation stands that I now use as saw horses, incredibly useful for a multitude of heights and uses.

I have used them as table stands for that extra table needed at parties, just set them standing on end  and twist slightly diagonal.

I have used them as seats at said tables.

I have used them for holding posts while concrete goes off.

I have used them to sit on and weed even (upside down)

And finally I have used them for saw horses in all sorts of configurations as an extra hand.

I have missed one dimension which I will grab when i get home tho! :surprised: Thats the height of the drum of the belly.

Materials

Timber/mdf 10mm thick

Nails bullet head small

Wood Glue (Tho the original dosnt seem to have wood glue used)

Tools

Circular saw

Hammer

Jigsaw or a 100mm holesaw.

Steps

Step 1

These horses we use to sit on to terminate cable while in Telstra, now repurposed to be used for building stands, sawing timber or plain supp

01 20-08-2023.jpg

02 20-08-2023.jpg

Step 2

These are to show the different height configurations you can use them for.

03 20-08-2023.jpg

I have used the horses this way for table leg supports with a door on top for that extra table at parties. Perfect height.

04 20-08-2023.jpg

Wider solid base to sit on. If you look closely you can see the thickness of the timber. So for a 700mm width length then its 10mm + 680mm + 10mm pieces.

05 20-08-2023.jpg

Upside down they are perfect for working on something that needs a short stool. NOTE the two triangle pieces next to the drum of the body and legs to give something for the nails to go into. I suspect that inside the box there are simlar pieces for the corners and edges.

Step 3

I have the measurements tho am missing the drum height lol I will update it when I get home this arvo.

06 20-08-2023.jpg

Re: Saw horses (Upcycled Telstra installation stands)

Your modesty is simply  charming @MitchellMc !

With that level of guesstimating, it kind of looks like you'll come out broadly smiling after this year's Melbourne Cup! 

😁😅

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects