Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change a washer in a double laundry tap?

Tricia2112
Finding My Feet

How to change a washer in a double laundry tap?

We purchased these taps from Bunnings about 6 months ago. Now the outlet over the tub is dripping.  There are no leaks any where, just over the tub. How do I fix this? 

16369219352761524823992.jpg16369219501871658067615.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to change a washer in a double laundry tap?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tricia2112. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about leaking taps.

The Shaw & Mason Universal Washing Machine Conversion Kit can be removed from the wall with an adjustable wrench via the nut section I've highlighted with a red arrow in the image below. Make sure you turn off the water at your mains before removing the tap. The blue arrow indicates the washer that needs to be replaced if the water leaks out the spout.

The washers used in these kits were changed a while ago as we experienced some issues with the kits leaking. The Kinetic Washing Machine Conversion Kit Washers on our shelves are the newer style and should work much better. Since you only bought these taps six months ago, we'd be happy to swap them for another kit with the newer washers. Just see a team member at your local store with the taps and your proof of purchase for an exchange. Alternatively, I can organise for your local store to provide you with a set of new washers free of charge. I'll reach out via private message for your location details.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Good afternoon Mitchell

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  My husband has looked at the photos you sent and he knows now how easily it can be fixed.  

We won't return the taps but would like the set of washers free of charge that you are offering. 

Thank you again.

Tricia

Hi Tricia (@Tricia2112),

If you'd like to head into Bunnings Port Macquarie, the team will have your replacement washers waiting for you. Please speak with the department manager Mel or Greg from the Plumbing section. 

Let me know if you have any issues.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects