Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi tool holders for French cleat wall

fhk56
Building a Reputation

Ryobi tool holders for French cleat wall

I have been re-modelling my work space in the last couple of weeks, and decided to go with a French Cleat wall for my tools.

Please note that this is a work-in-progress at the moment and not completed.

I am happy with the Drill Station, using 90mm PVC is ok, but would opt for something a little thicker walled next time.

PXL_20210112_070109977.jpg

My favourites are, the holder for the Angle Grinder and the twin Multi Tool and Angle Drill holder. 

PXL_20210112_070458656.jpg

PXL_20210112_070418642.jpg

Jigsaw holder is great with a shelf for blades etc.

PXL_20210112_070344194.jpg

The holder for the Trim Router is ok, but I might expand it to include some router bits.

PXL_20210112_065959391.jpg

A couple of quick holder for the Digital Pressure Inflator and Reciprocating Saw.

PXL_20210112_070504865.jpg

PXL_20210112_070448669.jpg

My least favourite is the Circular Saw holder, I will change this as it just doesn't look right.

PXL_20210112_070648794.jpg

You might notice that the French Cleats on the back of the holders also work on the 'C' section of the shed wall.

Thanks for looking, I will post updates as work progresses.

Cheers fhk56

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ryobi Tool Holders for French Cleat Wall

Fantastic work @fhk56, thank you so much for sharing. We're sure your handy storage solutions will inspire other Bunnings Workshop members. You might have seen that @Wayne's cordless drill charging station has consistently been one of the most popular projects on the site for several years.

Look out for plenty of questions coming your way from members wanting to replicate some of your designs.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Ryobi tool holders for French cleat wall

Hello @fhk56 

You had me at french cleat...

Beautiful work!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

fhk56
Building a Reputation

Thanks, 

I did not plan to build that many, but with the 3 day lockdown and a pile of scrap timber, it was a project that needed doing.

Cheers.

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

That's an inspiring collection of custom made holders. Thanks for sharing. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @fhk56,

That's an immaculate way to hold your tools. Love it!

In regards to your saw, I'll include an image illustrating how I mounted mine. All of my Ryobi tools are mounted in this fashion, utilising their battery insert location. You might be able to adapt this method to suit your French cleat system.

Mitchell

JoeAzza
Amassing an Audience

Hi @fhk56,

Well done, it's good to have a place for tools, I made a cupboard (to keep sawdust out) with french cleats also, you can relocate the tools as you buy new tools, I also made a battery rack and charging station.

IMG_7462.JPGIMG_7457.JPGIMG_7456.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What a fantastic setup @JoeAzza. I really like how you've created this inside the cupboard.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

Caron
Making a Splash

Fabulous set up! Thanks for sharing, really need to get organised. :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects