Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

1970’s kitchen makeover

terry11
Just Starting Out

1970’s kitchen makeover

image.jpg

image.jpg

 after some ideas on painting my kitchen. Not wanting to spend too much, as are planning on moving later in year

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: 1970’s kitchen makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @terry11. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

You can certainly paint your cabinets, benchtop and tiles, which will make a fabulous difference. The addition of some new handles will really update the look of the whole kitchen. Colour choice really comes down to personal preference. However, if it were my kitchen, I'd be painting the cabinetry white and adding some Hafele 142 x 34mm Black Anodised Cabinet Handles. To add some interest to the cabinetry, you could look at installing trim around them as @diy_hausdesigns has just done in their Cosmetic Kitchen Reno. Some panelling on the back of the bench return similar to @ProjectPete's kitchen island would really look spectacular.

You should find these step-by-step guides useful: 

Here are some previous discussions that you might find useful where our members have used the Dulux Renovation range:

Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with your make-over project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects