Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. tiled side table

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

D.I.Y. tiled side table

IMG_3987.jpeg

Hello everyone, 

My latest project is a DIY Side Table with a cool shape. Been eyeing similar tables for a long time but due to the price could never justify buying one. Once I saw Geneva Vanderzeil massive inspiration tiled desk I knew I could do something similar so the project began...

Below are all the products I used and a couple of photos: 

- One: 16mm Standard MDF - 450mm x 1800mm and one: 16mm Standard MDF - 600mm x 900mm

- Eleven: Decor8 Tiles 306 x 306mm White Matt Square Porcelain Mosaic Tile

Used a Circular Saw to cut the MDF Panels into individual pieces

- Screw all pieces together 

- Applied tiles with Dunlop 2kg Wall And Floor Tile Adhesive

- Followed by Davco 1.5kg #67 Cashmere Sanitized® Colourgrout 

I applied tiles all over the MDF panel therefore can have the side table standing in different positions and creates a complete look. I was able to save $575 since buying a new one would cost me around $725. I am so happy with how it turned out and I hope you guys enjoy this project :smile: 

IMG_3460.jpegIMG_3568.jpegIMG_3726.jpeg93CDC89C-1B23-4AD1-BC31-2A5A8B422A09.jpegIMG_3999.jpegIMG_4003.jpegIMG_4005.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: D.I.Y. tiled side table

Love it @lifestylebymari.

Geneva's project has been so popular and has inspired so many people. Great to see what you have done. Thanks for sharing such detail so other members can replicate your handiwork. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects