Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build an indoor monkey bar?

JohnC5
Growing in Experience

How to build an indoor monkey bar?

Hello All, 

I am looking for ideas on Indoor Monkey Bar for my special needs child.... something like this , I am happy to learn, got few tools at home :smile: are there any workshops I can attend?

Thank you in advance.

Snip20210626_8.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which timber to use?

Hello @JohnC5

I've spoken to the Bunnings SevenHills store and they are currently sold out of the 90 x 35mm F5 Structural Pine - Linear Metre. I could not get a definite date when it might come back into the store. I do not recommend using this timber for your project. Because of this, I suggest using  Non-structural pine 90x35 I/N 8401261 or Non-structural pine 70x35 I/N 8401260. These are the safest timber to use for your project. I will give Bunnings Northmead a call and find out if they have this in stock. As soon as I have the information, I will let you know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JohnC5
Growing in Experience

Thanks a lot @EricL  I shall wait for your update, I am happy to place a special order with any of the store if required.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @JohnC5

I've spoken to the Northmead store and they have even something better for you. I recommend using the Porta 90 x 45mm x 2.4m Standard And Better DAR Pine or if you want something that is a little bit smaller the Porta 70 x 45mm x 2.4m Standard and Better Pine DAR. These pieces of timber are in stock and should be perfect for your monkey bars project. Not only are these pieces safe for indoor use, but they are also dressed. Once you've assembled the project, all you need to do is to prime and paint the timber. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

JohnC5
Growing in Experience

Hey @EricL  Thank you very much. I did have a look at them earlier, but the only thing was PRICE, they are way pricey compared to the one which I was looking for. Thanks for your help/.

Mary14
Finding My Feet

Re: How to build an indoor monkey bar?

Hi @JohnC5

I need this kind of adjustable monkey bar for my special needs child. If you were able to make it, is there any chance you would like to re sell it to us. Of course if you still aren’t using it?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mary14. We're pleased to have you join us and trust you'll get loads of inspiring ideas and helpful advice from the community.  

Where are you based? If you don't think you have the confidence currently to tackle the project yourself, perhaps one of our wonderful members might volunteer to build one for you. We would certainly be happy to help put a smile on a young face.

Jason

Hi Jason,

I have no idea whatsoever how to build something like this. That’s why I thought it’ll be easier to buy from someone. 

I live in Sydney. I can give you some information regarding the ladder. If you can make it, that would be great! Also can you provide me with a quote.

This is for her motor development. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you 

IMG_2627.png

IMG_2626.png

IMG_2625.png

IMG_2624.png

IMG_2623.png

IMG_2622.png

IMG_2621.png

JohnC5
Growing in Experience

Hi @Mary14 , I gave it to one of a parent just a month back who has a special needs child as my child has overgrown it and stopped using it.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @Mary14 

One of our members had wanted a cheerished stool repaired and someone suggested that she contact a local mens shed. She did and the chair turned out beautiful!

Maybe look up local mens sheds in your area and ask. They could have some members that would like to do that?

Dave

@JohnC5 

Hey! Were you doing the Doman program?

also do you know anybody else who would have such a ladder and is happy to sell! Any leads would be great. 
thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects