Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled coffee table

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

Upcycled coffee table

IMG_3416.jpeg

Hello Everyone,

Here is a coffee table that I have upcycled, found this beauty on Facebook market and thought it had so much potential. I knew I want to remove all the old stain and brought it back to its original colour. 

I started by sanding the whole table to its original raw colour and discovered a beautiful timber under it. To add a bit more of a modern and interesting look I painted the bottom part in black and the final touch the beautiful black leather and gold handles. And to protect the top counting I just added a clear stain colour. 

List of products used: 

- Lane Black Leather Handle 

- White Knight Black Satin Water-Based Splashes Interior Paint 

- Sanding paper started with 40 grid and finish with 60 grid 

- Timber Protect Satin One Coat Clear Water Based Varnish 

Hope you all enjoy this little DIY :smile: - Check out the before and after below 

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.31.45 pm.png

IMG_3411.jpegIMG_3412.jpeg

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: Upcycled Coffee Table

@lifestylebymari Wow it looks amazing! What a great idea painting the bottom black, it almost looks like it’s floating now. 😊

Well done 👏🏻

Thank you so much, that was the idea to give it more flow 😊

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Upcycled coffee table

Wow, looks fantastic @lifestylebymari. Thank you so much for sharing your project. And a special thanks for sharing a list of products used so those inspired by your handiwork can more easily replicate your terrific result.

It's wonderful to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. You obviously have plenty of skill and experience to share with other members, and I'm sure you will also get loads of ideas and inspiration from our clever and creative community who are sharing exciting new projects on the site every day.

Welcome aboard. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

What a stunning transformation @lifestylebymari. Can hardly believe it's the same piece.

Well done and thanks for sharing your project with us. The whole room is beautifully styled as well. 

Really looking forward to seeing more of your handiwork in the Bunnings Workshop community.

Welcome,

Stevie

Thank you so much @StevieB :smile: 

Hello @lifestylebymari

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing upcycle project! What a fantastic transformation, the leather handles just finish it off so well. The black bottom trim is such a clever idea. Your choice of the satin finish just gives it such an elegant look. Thank you for sharing the photos and materials you used. I'm sure our members appreciate you sharing the steps you took to get such a beautiful result.

We look forward to seeing your next creation.

Eric

wendalls
Growing in Experience

Re: Upcycled coffee table

Gorgeous!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects