A while ago I was given some old Venetian blinds that were dumped in hard rubbish. I had quite a few left over and decided to give some new life to a tall boy that was also handed down to me.
I lightly sanded the frame and used my Wagner spray gun in semi gloss black.
(Original Tall Boy)
I wanted to add a hexagon shape to the front draw panels but the blinds are quite thin. I decided to split the hexagon in half and glue to give me a bigger shape.
I glued the slats vertically onto the draw front first with liquid nails and lightly sanded off the varnish. I then glued the shapes I cut together forming the hexagon across the front.
all pieces were cut by hand and sanded.
I reattached the hardware and added some trim I had to break up the draws.
This was a simple project using recycled material.
Wow!!!!! Absolutely stunning. You have such great creative vision.